FAST-NU Alumni Association (FAANA) Webinar series: Session 02: Artificial Intelligence
Please join us at the second FAANA webinar on Sunday May 5th at 12 pm Eastern Time (9 pm Pakistan Time). Our guest speaker is Mr Nauman Sheikh, a graduate of FAST Lahore, 92 batch.
Register ( here )
Nauman Sheikh worked on an AI project very early in his career back in 1996 when he built a rule-based Pilot Scheduling system for Northwest Airlines. He has been building and deploying predictive models in operational environments since 2008 when he built and sold Credit Risk Models to banks in 3 continents. In 2013 he undertook a 10+ million device project dealing with IoT, billions of records and Real-Time operational decisions using predictive models. He first used Neural Networks in 2009 to solve a Money Laundering problem which built on his earlier project he had undertaken for US Treasury on Anti-Money Laundering back in 2002. He is a hands-on practitioner and has written a book on implementing AI that covers problem definition, model building, model deployment and overall business adoption of AI. His recent work is focused on Text Mining, Human Machine interface and gaming.
In this session, Mr Nauman will be covering the following :
- What is AI and what it is NOT – Demystify and clear the confusion and jargon
- History of AI evolution – Tech Perspective from 80s to today
- How it works – Supervised Vs. Unsupervised
- Changing Trends impacting us – Overview of Gaming, Self-Driving, Robotics, Devices
- Changing nature of business and opportunities for us
- Overview of Tools/technologies
- Q/A session toward the end of the session
- Speaker can be further reached via email provided at the end of presentation
You will also learn about how to build network using platforms available in the US and Pakistan.