Join us for the upcoming FAANA session titled: Investing in Start-ups
The talk will include
- Raza Shaikh’s journey from starting at FAST to becoming a professional venture investor.
- What investors look for to fund companies at early stage.
- From the other side of the table, how venture capital works,
- What do angels and venture capitalists do.
- How you can invest in the start-up asset class.
Tune in live at 12:00 PM – 1:00 PM Eastern Time (9pm-10pm Pakistan Standard Time) on Sunday, 19th September, 2021
Speaker: Raza Shaikh
Raza Shaikh is Managing Director at Launchpad Venture Group, one of the most active and largest angel investor groups in the US. Raza is an active investor in early-stage companies in the New England area. He also co-manages the Beacon Venture Partners Fund, which invests in early-stage companies, including the Launchpad portfolio. He also currently mentors and advises several Boston-based businesses. Raza co-founded NorthBay, one of the largest independent Amazon Web Services partners helping large companies transition to the Cloud and Artificial Intelligence. Previously, Raza was part of the Broad Institute of MIT and Harvard University, building science platforms for small molecule synthesis, and was an early employee at Formulatrix, building software and robotics for drug discovery applications. Raza holds a B.S. in Computer Science from National University of Computer & Emerging Sciences FAST-NU in Pakistan.